Madeleine’s Afghan

Here is one of my favorite projects, a baby afghan for Madeleine.I started with no idea what I was going to do and ended up with this.
I found a really fun yarn for the main part.  I don’t really know much about knitting but I wanted to knit this so I made a best guess. I used to a knitting needle contraption that was a long plastic cord with knitting needles on both ends. If I dropped a stitch I was in trouble. That’s the problem with knitting, I don’t know how to correct mistakes and if you drop a stitch it’s like nylon sock, it just keeps running.
The edge was very unique. I just kept going around adding different stitches. Instead of going wider and wider like you usually do with an edging, I have several layers coming from the first row.  The pink flowers and dark green leaves look like they are done individually, but they are rows of stitches. I did slip stitches in between.
Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Madeleine’s Afghan

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s